Sunday 31 January 2016

The Biggest Step

Tonight I attended a meeting of Overeater's Anonymous.  I was terrified - I cried when I walked in and couldn't stop shaking.  I couldn't have been made to feel more welcome - I was hugged and told it was ok.

I sat in the meeting and listened to other people share my story.  An amazing experience to know that there are other people who are the same as me.

I thought I would be met with a room full of excessively over weight people but to be honest there were all shapes and sizes.  Some have been doing the programme for many many years - some only 1 year - some like me were newcomers.  Everyone was made to feel welcome and at one point something was read out and the only words I can remember were "Welcome Home".  That really touched me because I feel I have found a new home.

Let us love you until you can learn to love yourself was something else said to me.

Take one day at a time.

You will discover your own triggers and you will discover what you can abstain from.

Right now my brain is buzzing with so much information that I can't form a straight thought.  My husband wanted to talk when I came home and I had to say I can't talk now I need to think on it for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment