Tuesday 26 January 2016

Step One

The first step on my journey is to admit I have a problem.  I overeat.  It's as simple as that.  I have a massive problem with food.  I binge eat when I am alone.  I binge eat when I am sad, tired, bored - you name it I deal with it by eating.

I am diabetic, have depression and anxiety, suffer with migraines, am in pain when I walk and tired so much that I sleep my life away.

I want to make a change.  I want to take small steps to change my life and starting this blog/journal is my first step.

I am seeing a psychologist and he suggested starting a journal.  I am not a big writer but I can type and I feel this will be the best outlet for me.

I had an appointment with my psychologist today and have another in three weeks.  One of the things I want to try and do before my next appointment is try and attend at least two meetings of Overeater's Anonymous.  I don't know what this group does and to be honest it scares me silly to think of walking into a room full of strangers but maybe they can help me where others have been unable to.

My goal at the moment is not to lose weight but to address my problem with food.

3 comments:

  1. Hope this appears this time.... I said something along the lines of...

    The first step in overcoming something is to admit there is something to overcome, so well done you! It's never an easy step to make, but you can't do anything until it's done. I never even knew Overeaters Anonymous was a real thing, but I think it's a fabulous idea! I'm sure it will be scary as hell at first, but you will eventually be able to take comfort in knowing you have the support of people going through the same as you are. Always here for you, in spirit if not in body, whenever you need me xx

    ReplyDelete